Many of us work in a traditional organizational setting, while others work in homes, classrooms, manufacturing, or outdoors.
No matter where we spend our time, at a basic level, we need something to do - and ideally something to look forward to. Career & Purpose Well-being is about liking what you do every day.
The Career and Purpose Committee is one of five teams created in response to the Gallup Well-Being Survey. As you can imagine— some members of our community are thriving while others are struggling (see the full results here). Each committee is focusing on their own project to enhance well-being in their corresponding area.
The Gallup Survey measured responses to the following statements regarding career well-being:·
· There is a leader in your life who makes you enthusiastic about the future
· In the past 12 months you have reached most of your goals
· You like what you do every day
· You learn, or do something interesting, every day
Based on the responses of people surveyed:
36% Were Thriving
51% Were Struggling
12% Were Suffering
The Career Purpose Well-being Committee is creating a Coaching and mentoring program to achieve greater career satisfaction and positive life purpose.
The committee hopes to see a 10-point increase by the year 2026 in the Gallup survey.
In order to best serve the needs of the community, an open house was hosted to get community feedback regarding the potential curriculum categories the program could offer. Feel free to review the results and provide your own feedback below!
a. Knowing Myself
· Emotional Intelligence
· Personality preferences
· Developing a personal brand
b. Financial Well-being: meeting basic needs and managing your economic life
· Income vs. Expenses
· Saving and investing Essentials
c. Social Well-being: having positive, strong relationships and love in your life
· Sense of belonging
· Valuing diverse people and cultures
d. Community Well-being: enjoying where you live
· Feeling safe and secure
· Community pride and engagement
· Welcoming others
e. Physical Well-being: having good health and enough energy to get things done every day
· Mental fitness
· Physical fitness
· Healthy eating
f. Career and Purpose Well-being: liking what you do everyday
· Utilizing your core strengths
· Making a positive difference
· Advocating for self and others
g. Career Development
· Resume and Interview tips
· Performance management
· Working well with your boss, co-workers, and customers
h. Goal Identification
· Identify barriers that hold me back from career/purpose success
· Identify my most compelling dreams for my future
· Identify who or what training/coaching will help me on my quest for career/purpose well-being
i. Planning for the future
· Dream management
· Retirement planning
· Leaving a legacy
1515 Provident Drive, Warsaw, Indiana 46580, United States
Copyright © 2018 Live Well Kosciusko - All Rights Reserved.